Thursday, March 26, 2009

Curbside Appeal



Are you ready for spring weather? Are you itching to get your toenails pedicured and your sandals out? Would you think I was absolutely OUT OF MY MIND for wishing for one more snow day?

I don't think y'all realize what nice weather means for my household. It means loosing my husband to our lawn. And so it begins...

The madness started on Friday night when Jason decided to set all of the dead grass in the front yard on fire. We have patches of dead crab grass that has to be burned so that new grass can be planted, can grow, and can reach it's full luscious potential. He made sure to have all 4 of our yard hoses available in case he needed them. We neglected to put the hoses up. Guess what we found on Saturday evening? Two hoses that had been chewed up. Jason was NOT happy with Murphy and he ended up hiding behind my legs for awhile. Poor Murph! It was our fault that the hoses didn't get put up. In Murphy's mind, everything is for him - and those hoses were toys.

Jason is obsessed with having a nice yard. Just this week, 7 loads of dirt have been delivered and drug (due to Murphy's hobby of digging holes and trying to find moles), Murphy has been exiled to the backyard indefinitely, and I am on-call to help with strawing the front yard when the weather permits. Is one more snow day too much to ask for?

2 comments:

The Geiler's said...

That is so funny! You lose your husband to the lawn and I lose mine to hunting! Men, you gotta love them!

Amanda said...

The lawn is also a big deal to my husband. We live on a little circle with 4 other houses: 2 of them are older retired couples and the men are very concerned/protective of their yards; 1 is a young(ish) guy who does a nice job keeping his yard nice; and 1 is a guy who cares more about washing his car than doing anything with his yard. My husband has turned it into a competition. I've tried to tell him there is NO way he can beat the retired guys since they have all the time in the world to work on thiers while he must work 40 hours a week.

I on the other hand HATE yardwork and will run away screaming if he even so much as hints that he would like help with it. Well... I did plant some flowers in our front flower bed one year, but they all got eaten by squirels and moles. That was enough for me!

Hope your yard doesn't completely ruin spring for you! :)