Monday, June 16, 2014

Back in the World

Landon and I will be walking in Climb Out of the Darkness this Saturday to raise awareness for maternal mental illness.  I am so excited to be walking this year...medication FREE!


The video that Postpartum Progress posted last week for the Climb Out of the Darkness is amazing.  It seriously makes me cry every.single.time. I watch it, but I LOVE it and the song!  David Gray's "Back in the World" is PERFECT!




And lastly, I was highlighted in a piece in the New York Times today.  You can find the full article HERE.  I am very proud to be part of this piece.  It is a difficult read for me, but I really think it will help others.  I am very thankful that I was spared having intrusive thoughts about Landon and my heart goes out to those mommy's who had to endure that very cruel symptom of maternal mental illness.  Warning to the audience - particularly survivors of maternal mental illness - this article may contain triggers.

I will post #ClimbOut pictures after Saturday!

Love,

Tina

xoxo

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hi Tina!
I participated in the COTD here in Austin, too. I felt so proud to be a part of the voices standing up to say, "Hey, I survived this! You can too."
Way to go, mama!