Monday, May 18, 2009

Cast Your Cares on the Lord

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22


God never promised life would be easy or fair. He only promised that He would always be there for us and that He would always love us.

I have known (either directly or indirectly) six people who have passed from this life since the beginning of the year.

Jason's Grandmother Eckelkamp passed away last month. My heart did ache for Jason's mother, her siblings, and all of the grandchildren. However, her death was a little easier to cope with because she lived a long happy life and she will be joining her husband in heaven, which is comforting.

Jason's neighbor that he new all of his life, my dear friend's brother, and a grade school friend's brother-in-law all succumbed to cancer. My grade school friend's brother-in-law left behind three small children and a wife. That is tough to swallow.

Last Monday I went to the visitation of a grade school friend. Tiffany 'T.J' was a grade behind Jason and I at St. Rose. I grew up with her, our dads served in the National Guards for many years together, and we cheered together at St. Rose. She took her own life. It was one of the most difficult visitations I have ever had to attend.

God never promised that life would be easy.

This Monday I am meeting my mother at Kutis Funeral Home to show support for a family I have known most of my life. Their five month old granddaughter, niece, daughter - Kendell - was a victim of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. I think this may be the most difficult visitation I will ever have to attend. At least...that is what my husband told me last night.

God never promised that life would be fair.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

I did not want to create a post about Tiffany last week. It was really difficult and I did not want to be the bearer of gloom and bad news. However, when I received word of Kendell's passing on Thursday and learned of her arrangements for later today, I knew I would have to ask for prayer requests. Please keep the above people in your prayers; especially the families of Tiffany & Kendell. Their deaths were sudden and unexpected and has left broken hearts and familes.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Revelation 21:4

No comments: