I think I may have to cave in and take a nap this afternoon during my lunch break. I am worn out from a wonderful weekend!
Saturday morning we dropped Murphy off for his first haircut and then we headed over to the hospital to visit Bill. Jason tried to visit him on Friday after work, but he was sleeping after having a long night without much sleep. I said many prayers asking God to please let Bill make it through the night and also for Jason to have a good visit with him on Saturday morning. God is GOOD and answered my prayers. We had a really nice visit and I am so grateful. Saturday was also my sister Jenny's birthday. After I left the hospital, I went and picked up my little sister and little cousin and we headed to the Sculpture Park in Crestwood. It was just too hot and humid to stay very long there, but we enjoyed it and we did see all of the artwork and sculptures. We went to Borders to get out of the sun and to get something to drink. I was so surprised to run into two of my very best friends there! How fun is that? We met my Dad and cousin Nick at the Olive Garden and had a very nice lunch. Jason called me on the way home to tell me that Murphy looked like a new puppy when he picked him up from his haircut and also that we received a surprise invitation for spaghetti at Jason's brother's house. We had some family fun, grocery shopped, and then went home and walked Murphy. It was a good day!
Yesterday was a great day! We went to church and then met my Dad for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. We had a really nice time and Dad seemed to really enjoy it. I cleaned house, Jason worked on a few projects, and then we headed over to his parent's house for dinner, volleyball, and card games. My mother-in-law makes THE BEST turkey so dinner was delicious. I helped to keep the kiddos occupied while Jason and his family played games after dinner. It was such a fun evening! We went to bed way too late for us and I am feeling it today that is for sure!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day. Jason even received a card from Murphy with a muddy paw print in it, which made him smile. Hopefully next year Murphy's name won't be the only signature on his Father's Day card!
No comments:
Post a Comment