Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Winner, A Pie, and A Yard Sale Treasure

My husband can't believe I am posting on a weekend instead of getting stuff done around the house! :) He did pick the winner, but I conviently ommitted the part about the winner getting a gift sent by yours truly. Oops!

Anyway...the winner is Amanda! :) That is who Jason picked out of the cup. Congratulations! Please e-mail me your mailing address (ckasmarzik@hotmail.com)! I will get this out to you as soon as possible. Please be patient with me!

Thank you to my friends who participated and made the 1,000th hit fun for me! Look for other similar giveaways in the future!

This morning I went to my Aunt Janice's house to learn how to make a homemade blackberry pie with homemade crust. It took all morning! We had a great time, I learned terrific tips from a really great cook & baker, and I was able to visit with one of my favorite people. It was a fun morning. I just feel guilty because I used her blackberries and didn't pick them myself. Next week I think I am going to tackle the difficult chore of handpicking the blackberries myself for future pies and homemade jam. I feel so domestic!

After we were through with making Jason's pie, we walked over to her Mom's house (she lives across the street) where a family yardsale was going on. I did not intend to purchase anything, but I found two treasures. The first was a gadget that carves out hearts in the top pie crust for a pie. It is so cute! So the next time I make Jason a pie, I can have the top crust have hearts on it. I am sure he will just smile and roll his eyes at me for that one! :) The second treasure was this shelf that holds a baby quilt. Teri (my Aunt Janice's sister-in-law) gave it to me and would not accept any money. She told me that she wanted me to have it and that she hopes that it will bring Jason and I luck. How sweet is that?

Now, I am trying to talk Jason into walking to our neighbor's pond to see if Murphy will swim. He is tired and wants to rest. I have kindly reminded him that I just labored all morning over a pie. Let's see if the guilttrip works and if he goes on a walk with Murphy and I before we head to a friend's wedding!

I hope you all are having a great weekend like I am! Get out and enjoy it!

No comments: