Thursday, October 1, 2009

this has been the longest day. ever.

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and I am off from work!!!! This has been the longest day - EVER! I have been unmotivated to do much at work and of course I didn't utilize my time and study for my final. That would make SENSE. So instead I will cram and loose sleep between now and Saturday afternoon. Fun times.

I have come to realize that I am seriously addicted to caffeine. I heart coffee so very much. I realized I had a problem last week sometime when I took 2 commuter cups with me to work and then stopped by St. Louis Bread Co. to have a skinny cafe latte. YUMMY! As I was trying to find a spot for my latte, I was shuffling like 3 different coffee cups and I thought how ridiculous that was! Ha! Since then, I have cut back to only 1 cup on the way to work and 1 or 2 cafe lattes with skim milk during the week. That isn't bad, right?

Murphy continues to get out of the yard so THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE that the fence construction is starting today...or is it? It did rain. I hope it isn't postponed!!!! Poor Murph is now modeling a nice chain around his neck that is fastened to our sewage pipe in the backyard. We finally had to chain him up. I am not sure why our furry-haired child thinks he will have it better at a different house. He is sadly mistaken!

I am SO SO SO looking forward to seeing my BFF tomorrow and new baby Mason. I bet he has already changed during his first week of life. I will take pics tomorrow. He is just too flipping cute!!!!

Well, I have 10 minutes left to my workday and then the weekend officially begins!!! WHOO-HOO! First order of business, attending a cooking class with some colleagues from work. It should be fun. The menu consists of a Moroccan theme (cucumber-feta salad with pomegranate vinaigrette, seared fish with preserved lemon sauce, lamb-artichoke tagine on couscous, and caramelized orange tart. YUMMY! I hope to learn a few tricks and I hope to find a spice rack for my house since they give a 20% off coupon only good for tonight. Fun times!!!

I hope you all have a great Friday! Enjoy!

No comments: