Monday, November 23, 2009

And the Meatloaf Award Goes To...

Jason's Mom.

I lose again! If there was a split screen capturing all of the nominees faces, my reaction would have been much like Faith Hill's reaction when Carrie Underwood won the 2006 CMA's Female Vocalist of the Year Award (utube video).

I followed the recipe perfectly and I was so hopeful that this was going to be a winner. I must be honest when I say that it was just ok. In my husband's defense, he did say that even if it was good meatloaf he really wouldn't be able to tell because he isn't a big meatloaf eater. He really does like his mom's meatloaf, but if you ask her - she thinks her meatloaf is dry and terrible. She hates her own meatloaf!

On the flip side, my twice baked potatoes were delicious and I think Jason fell in love with me all over again when he took a bite of the gooey butter cookies I made him for dessert. My fave part was the yummy wine we had with dinner!

When we turned in for the night, I looked at Jason and told him I had an upset stomach. Jason laughed and said he did not feel well either. We both then took a tums and decided that Murphy will be dinning on the leftovers. He had some with his dinner and I can tell you that to Murphy, his mama makes the best meatloaf EVER! He gobbled it all up. I love that dog!

1 comment:

Dandy said...

I've never seen that video! Too funny :)