When Jason and I were courting, I wanted to prove to him that I could cook and that I would make him a wonderful wife someday. Don't they say that a sure fire way to a man's heart is through his stomach? I thought my plan was brilliant.
The menu for the evening: my mom's meatloaf, herb & sweet potato mashed potato combo (new recipe I stumbled upon), and a jello salad.
The herb & sweet potato combo should have been a HUGE red flag to rethink my menu, but I trudged on.
Jason, my mother, and my father all sat down for dinner. I took a bite of the meatloaf and I thought it was ok. The jello salad was more like jello soup. The herb & sweet potato combo was DISGUSTING. My parents and my super sweet boyfriend ate it all up with smiles and didn't say anything negative because it probably would have made me cry. I was convinced that my mockery of a meatloaf dinner would send me into the single life forever. It was THAT BAD.
It was no surprise to me that days later Jason started cracking jokes about the meal and the jokes haven't stopped. He said it was the WORST meal he has ever had! What? Obviously, that didn't stop him from marrying me. I guess he thought there was hope for me in the kitchen. However, Jason has never acted the same towards a meatloaf dinner. I have only made meatloaf once since we have been married and he wasn't a fan.
I want to try it again and master it once and for all since I have a new recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook. The meatloaf looks delicious. I love meatloaf. Hopefully, this new recipe will renew my husband's faith in me and I will create the perfect meatloaf dinner! I will let you know how it turns out!
3 comments:
Tiners, I love your blog, it makes me laugh, cry, and think. No matter what happens to the meatloaf, I'm sure Jason knows he has the best wife ever! -Jen
After 8 attempts at various home made mac n cheese recipes... I am no longer allowed to even try :) At least you still get to try to make meatloaf! Much love to you!!! :) T
I love your blogs they are truly the cutest stuff i have ever read! I don't get to make meatloaf that often either, AJ is not a fan! I love meatloaf! I make mine with ground turkey and ground beef mixed together. It is good, if I do say so myself! LOL!
Post a Comment