Friday, February 19, 2010

Murphy and Me




So Jason and I finally took the plunge and watched "Marley and Me" last night. Needless to say, we did not end the movie without shedding some tears. Well, I shed MOST of the tears, but I know Jason did shed a few himself. HELLO - how could you not???

It was so weird watching the story characters, Jen and John, pick out their puppy. Jason and I had a very similar experience. We picked a boy because he was cheaper and Jason picked Murphy because he was the smallest one. Identical to the movie.

We have had many Marley moments in the little less that two years that Murphy has been in our lives. He has chewed up his fair share of items...hoses, window screens, gloves, scarves, trees. The list goes on and on. Murphy had his first swim last year and he has had lots of play dates. He is always an important part of our Christmas photo and card. He adds so much to our lives.

Another movie moment that totally hit me was when John and Jen lost their first pregnancy. I did the same thing Jen did when I got home from the doctor, but Murphy ate my Kleenexes during our tender moment. Regardless, I couldn't have made it through all of that without him. It was nice to be able to laugh at that through movie tears last night. During that sad part of the movie I turned to Jason and said "Murphy didn't act like that! I was hugging on him and he ate my Kleenex!"

I cannot wait for Murphy's 2nd birthday in April. I cannot wait to have Murphy be part of our maternity photo shoot this summer. And...I absolutely cannot wait to bring our baby home and introduce Murphy the newest member of our family! We have some exciting times coming up!

I am so grateful for the gift Murphy is to our family. He is such a blessing. I just wonder...will Jason and I have three children in a row like John and Jen, too?!? We are worried about that now! YIKES!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I just love this picture! Dogs can really make you laugh sometimes!