The fog is starting to lift my friends. I can finally complete an entire thought with being on pain medication and also being on the incredible high that comes only from becoming a mother. We had our baby boy on Tuesday, August 10 at 7:07pm. Here is our story...(Dun.Dun. - had to get some Law & Order music in there - LOL!).
We started August 10th off with showing up at the hospital a little late for our induction due to Jason. He makes us late for everything - even the birth of our son! Then we began the process of waiting and waiting...
And waiting some more. Jason thought it would be fun to take pictures of me in the throes of labor (only decent pictures will be seen here folks so don't leave this page). He was too cute with the camera all day. He is a VERY proud daddy! I was in labor for 13 1/2 hours before the doctor and myself decided that I would push for a little while longer (I pushed for 1 1/2 hours) and then a c-section would be necessary. After pushing, my doctor realized that Landon was too big and I was not going to be able to deliver him on my own (Ummm...HELLO...why didn't you realize this 13 hours ago??!??!) He told us he had to take the baby right then. It was really scary. Especially since I had already been over several hurdles that day - including - being placed on oxygen to help Landon and his activity level, having my epidural fall out in active labor only to realize that 3 hours later while I am in the middle of intense contractions (see photo below of me smiling...yes people...Jason had me smile and take a picture while I was having contractions. NO - he did not take my hand or rub my back. GOOD GRIEF), and finally getting my epidural placed correctly for sweet SWEET relief! Yay! And yes, I WAS one of those ladies who was determined to go natural. That changed after being in the hospital for less than 2 hours on Tuesday. Don't judge.
So I was prepped for surgery and wheeled back (See photo of Jason making the nurse pose as if she is "checking my brow" before surgery. Can you believe my husband????). Landon Jason Duepner arrived shortly after. I said lots of prayers while I was being prepped and while I was waiting for Jason to be brought back to me and then I said tons of prayers after I heard Landon's sweet cries. I couldn't believe he was perfect and he was all mine. It was just amazing.
Jason, Landon, and I are now settling into life at home and learning all about taking care of each other. I have many posts to come about what a journey that has been so far...and we are only on day 2 of being at home! What everyone told me throughout my pregnancy and since then has been completely true...
Life has changed - forever.
It was all completely worth it and I would do it all over again.
I will never be the same and I thank God for that MANY times throughout the day.
Landon Jason Duepner
9 pounds 6 ounces
21 inches long
Born on August 10, 2010 at 7:07pm
4 comments:
Tina, I am SO very happy for you guys. Being a mommy is the best and the lack of sleep by everyone involved is SO worth it. I am sorry that you had a scary time with his birth. Trust me, I don't judge you on choosing the epidural after about 2 hours. I went into preterm labor with ember for 24 hours and that was enough for me to know that I couldn't do it natural and wanted a c-section. (which I LOVED both times!) If you guys need anything, let me know. We are home and can absolutely make a trip. :) Again, so very happy for you.
Jeannie could not have said it better! I am so happy for you! Good Lord girl...thank goodness for C-sections! Your body would NEVER be the same after pushing that line backer out! He is truely adorable and I wish you the best of luck and happiness!
C-sections are so much easier and I too would never have it any other way. I alwasys say that going natural does not make you any better of a mother...it just makes you crazy!!!
Congrats!!!
Tina -
Your baby boy is so precious! Congratulations to him on getting such wonderful parents and to you for the joy he will bring every day!
That story was beautiful. I feel very blessed to be apart of it all. Landon has been one of the best things to happen to our family! I feel blessed to be in his life.
Post a Comment