Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Every Moment Thank God

I really try to mirror my life after the blog saying on my header...

"Happy Moments, Praise God; Difficult Moments, Seek God; Quiet Moments, Worship God; Painful Moments, Trust God; Every Moment, Thank God."

It is so hard to trust God in those painful moments. I have been struggling with this lately. I had a relapse with my depression. The doctor just had to increase my medication again, which was so hard for me because I want so much to be off of this medicine. I want to be better without medicine and that is just not in God's plan right now. I feel myself pulling away from the Lord and I should be leaning on Him during this difficult time.

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

The good news is that the medication is working. I DO feel better! I cannot imagine what it was like for people with depression before there was medication. How miserable life must have been for them. Thank God there is medication and thank God I have found what works for me. There are some people that have to work on finding the right medication for a long time and some people never find it. I have met people like this. Those people are extremely ill and it is very sad. I feel very blessed.

I am trying to repair my relationship with the Lord. I know that he has not left me or forsaken me. He is right here with me every step of the way. I am trying to remember in every moment to thank God.

Romans 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

2 comments:

TB said...

<3 blessed are they are who are strong in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of God

Nicole said...

Stay strong chica! You're doing a GREAT job and are a wonderful woman, wife and mother! I find that just being thankful for what you have instead of wishing for the things that you don't always seems to help pull me through the difficult times. Just know you're surrounded by friends and family who love you and will always be there for you. Hope to see you soon!