We have all been there...except apparently my friend Merrica! LOL. She has a son that will eat tons of healthy foods. Lucky girl! Anyway...please replace "Nutrigrain Bar" for "Goldfish" when thinking of me and my son. Enjoy and have a great day!
Dear God, Would you care for a rice cake topped with peanut butter, grated carrots, and honey? No? How about a cottage cheese sundae? Perhaps silken tofu with avocado and pear? None for you, thanks? Well, guess what, my toddler feels the same way. She would like to eat Goldfish, graham crackers, Goldfish, banana, Goldfish, hot dogs (the bad kind with nitrates), Goldfish, MultiGrain Cheerios, Goldfish, grilled cheese, and Goldfish. Notice the lack of pureed parsnip, broccoli dippers, or whole-wheat anything. As my own mother keeps saying, "Those green beans would go down better with a little butter and salt." I tell her the rules have changed, but in my heart, I think she's right - is a tiny dab of butter and a few grains of salt really going to set my little girl on the path to morbid obesity? Those "best" toddler diets are like world peace, god - a nice idea but not attainable in our lifetime. Please help my girl to grow up healthy, as active and muscley and athletic as they come. And in the meantime, please don't punish us if we relax a little about what she eats and doesn't eat - including that modern-day manna from heaven, Goldfish. Thank you. (Mommy Prayers by Tracy Mayor)
2 comments:
Amen!! Caroline started out trying lots of new things and eating lots of stuff that even Aaron and I don't eat. BUT things have taken a turn and now she eats virtually no veggies unless I hide them in something that I can force into her. If she had her way she'd only ever eat bread (any kind!), apples, grapes, crasins, yogurt, and those yummy nutrigrain bars! Surprisingly she is not a fan of goldfish at all! I'm hoping this picky eating is just a phase!
That's cute!
Post a Comment