Friday, October 28, 2011

Prayer in the Family Restaurant

I so can relate to this post! Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Dear God, How far the mighty have fallen, no? My dearest partner and I are a long way from our foodie days, when Friday nights meant cozying at the bar with a single-malt scotch, waiting for our wild striped bass and barbecued squab to be plated. Now we're crammed into a four-top table in the smack center of a packed Chain Restaurant (no booths for babies in their carriers, sorry), facing down a decidedly un-gourmet choice of menu items. I'll just have what my toddler's having - the ubiquitous chicken nuggets (what did children eat before the 1980s?), backed up by the omnipresent French fries and the enveloping lake of ketchup, with a few baby carrots tossed in there to appease the health-conscious mothers. Lord, I trust that fancy dinners shall return to our lives at some point (well, maybe not till after college is paid for). In the meantime, let me be content to be here with my beloved and our two kids. Let me be thankful that they're not (yet) spilling their lemonades or pitching their pudding cups, as some of their peers at other tables are. Thank you that we have the money to indulge even this little bit, Lord. And thank you for the French fries, which taste great wherever you eat them. (Mommy Prayers by Tracy Mayor)

No comments: