This past Sunday my family and I went to church like we always do. I spent the majority of my time trying to please Landon, giving him his milk, getting his snack, changing his diaper, trying to keep him from barreling down the isle. Right at Communion time Landon saw Paw-Paw and wanted him. So...I delivered. I took Landon to Paw-Paw and returned to Jason. We got in line and this sweet lady came over to me and whispered,
"I just have to tell you, you are a great mom."
Wow. That took my breath away.
If that stranger only knew what her words meant to me. She had no idea that her words touched my heart so very much. That it was the best compliment that I have ever received. She had no idea when she said that to me of my history and all I have been through. To have a total stranger who has just observed me from afar for 40 minutes say that she thought I was a great mom...just made me feel so good.
That lady made me stop and think..."Maybe I am a great mom." I believed it yesterday. She made me a believer. God placed that thought in her head, used her voice, and gave me the words I needed to hear.
God was saying...you ARE a great mom, Tina. You are.
Thank you God. I needed to hear that.
3 comments:
love it! keep on being positive..being a mom is trying at times. god only gives us what he knows we can handle. your struggle proves it..now your reaping the rewards..keep your head high and just do the best you can.
Important reminder that our words can be incredibly powerful. God's grace is good!
I had that happen to me one time at church too. It was a lady whom I had seen before at service but didn't personally know. She came up to me after mass and said "I just wanted to let you know you're a good mom and you're doing the right thing." It completely lifted my entire day, especially since the kids weren't being very good in church that day and anyone could see I was mentally exhausted. It really is amazing how God can put the perfect words into someone at the right time. You are a good mom Tina and you're doing the right thing!
-Cara
Post a Comment