Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Is Heaven for Real?

I am reading the book "Heaven is for Real' by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent.  It is SUCH a great book.  I can barely put it down.  This book is about a little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back (as the cover states).  Colton's story is told by his father, Todd..  It is amazing!

I don't want to spoil the book for you, but after I read through many chapters last night, I am struck by something the boy saw during his trip to heaven. Colton approaches his mom one day and says, "I have two sisters."  His mother is confused by this because he only has one sister - an older sister.  But Colton is  insistent about having two sisters and states that one died in his mommy's tummy.  Colton's mommy had never told Colton of her miscarriage.  Apparently during his  visit to heaven he met this sister, who doesn't have a name yet because the parents could not agree on a little girl's name.  Colton said that God adopted this child and that she anxiously awaits the day when she gets to be with her mom and dad in heaven.

That blew me away and brought tears to my eyes.

Could my first baby be waiting for me in heaven, too?  Will I be greeted by a dark haired or blonde little girl named Lilian Michelle or by a little boy with no name who is the spitting image of Jason when I get to heaven?

That would be a dream come true.
 
Even though I don't have two children here with me on earth, God did bless me with two pregnancies and I can't forget that.  I remember being so happy - overjoyed - the first time I realized I was pregnant.  I remember picking out a little bib and a few outfits for my baby-to-be.  And the first ultrasound - how wonderful that was!  Even though I was only pregnant for eight short weeks, I loved that little one so very much.  I am ashamed to say that since Landon has been born, I try not to think of my first baby because it hurts.  But now that I have this picture in my mind of being greeted by him or her one day when my time has come to move on from this life, it brings such joy and peace.

Could heaven really be for real?


What does your heaven look like?
My heaven, the heaven I picture in my mind, will have my little one in it and so much more.

This book has been such a blessing in so many ways.  Thank you Britne for sharing it with me.

2 comments:

TB said...

<3

Britne said...

I'm so glad to hear that Tina!! Like I said I just felt the need to give you that book, not knowing you have been wanting to read it!!! It's truly a awesome story! :-)