Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Postpartum Progress is Amazing

I have mentioned several times on my blog that Postpartum Progress is an AMAZING website and resource to those who have or have had postpartum mood disorders.  It is also a great resource for family members of those who have or have had postpartum mood disorders.  Postpartum Progress is the most widely read blog in the United States on postpartum depression (PPD), postpartum anxiety, postpartum psychosis, and other mental illnesses related to pregnancy and childbirth.  The website has so much to offer and it is all because of one woman - Katherine Stone - who has made that difference.  She is also AMAZING.  She is the founder & editor of Postpartum Progress.  She was named one of the ten most influential mom bloggers of 2011, a WebMD Health Hero and one of the top 25 parent bloggers using social media for social good (taken from Postpartum Progress's website).  She is such an inspiration to me.

I have corresponded with Katherine several times via e-mail and twitter.  Even though she is super super busy, she always takes the time to reach out.  She made sure that my picture was included among those listed as Warrior Moms on her website.  I am so honored and humbled to be included among these 140+ women.  This photo album is meant to show the faces of survivors of postpartum depression and related illnesses.  This will allow those currently suffering the opportunity to see that you can survive and we are all just normal, everyday women, and that they, too, can recover (taken from Postpartum Progress' website).  Landon and my picture are near the bottom of the page. :)  When you put your cursor on top of my picture, it reads my name, state I am from, the illnesses I overcame, and the dates that I fought them.  I hope my picture being included will give some other moms a glimmer of hope.

One of things that touch my heart the most about Postpartum Progress is the website badge of the Warrior Mom.  It is an outline of a woman holding a shield and her baby.  She is shielding herself and her baby from postpartum illness.  I love it.  I am sure you have noticed it on my blog page before.  I am proud of being a Warrior Mom and I am so proud to be included in this community of women.  The support that is given and received is priceless and it is all because of one woman.  One person really can make a difference.  Thank you Katherine.







2 comments:

James and Jax blog said...

She really is. Loved your post!

Britne Stein said...

You are a Warrior Mom!!!!! :-) I think its great you share your story to help other mothers!!!!