Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Extra Pounds from the Holiday
I went to the gym last night for the first time this year and guess what I discovered? I gained five pounds over the holidays. What? I just lost those five pounds right before the holidays! I was disgusted. I thought that I was pretty selective about the goodies I had over the holidays, but obviously I have not been selective enough. Oh how I love the candy, eggnog, soda and Christmas cookies!!!! Now I have lettuce, protein drinks, fruit, and water to look forward to. Yuck. I have started a food log so I can see on paper what it is that I am putting into my body. My goal is to let myself have one yummy treat each week such as McDonald's, ice cream, candy, or soda. What really makes me angry is that I try to limit my treats and I still gain weight and my husband is the cookie monster and he never gains weight! NOT FAIR!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree Tina :)
I have gained like 12 pounds since moving back to MI (I attribute that to the yummy treats Linda makes ALL THE TIME). I have decided that I want to lose 20 lbs this year. I really have never seriously tried before and I am planning on doing this! I have started "stepping" daily for 20-35 minutes and have not missed a day in over a week--this has also not happened since HS :) My dad built me a small stool a bit bigger than the average step a person takes on stairs. I also read a great book by Jonny Bowden--The 150 Healthiest Foods on the Earth. I have found out some really interesting things...I will find time to blog on this so I don't take up your entire blog :):) I love and miss you! Teresa
OMG, you look great and should not worry so much about being so strict on yourself! I think eating healthy is great for anyone but a treat here and there doesn't hurt. Jon decided yesterday that he and Zoe are going to have a biggest loser competition. It was so funny, he weighed himself and then Miss Zoe too. For them to both lose the same percentage, she is shooting to lose about 1.7 pounds. I don't think she is so enthusiastic about it but we'll see who wins!
I'm not the best person to suggest anything considering I have the worst diet in the world. I am just lucky when it comes to keeping weight off...I'm not rubbing that in either. However, since I have the luxury of staying home, I get to watch the today show. There's a guy that has written two books now. The first is Eat this, not that. And from the sounds of it on Monday's show, it's a top seller and really is great. It allows you to eat ice cream and goodies just tells you which ones to get because of the caloric values, fat and sugars. I thought about investing considering I'm going to have to take some pounds off once this baby gets here. Good luck!
Our husbands could simply look at a treadmill and loose weight- it's incredibly unfair!!
Post a Comment