Tuesday, March 17, 2009

C is for Cookie

Meet my husband...



Ooops...I mean meet my cute husband (with his Goddaughter Louise)



My hubby is so skinny, but man does he put the cookies away! It is nearly a full-time job to keep his cookie jar at home stocked. I decided to surprise him with one of his favs on Sunday - oatmeal cookies with raisins. Yesterday, he told me that there were only a few cookies left. What? In less than 48 hours all of the cookies are almost gone? I just cannot believe it! The cookie monster is out of luck until the weekend!

Me? Do I eat lots of cookies? If you ask Jason, he would say I eat them all because he is such a teaser. However, I rarely eat any. Most of the time I will eat one cookie when they are still warm and especially if one falls apart on me. Then I have to eat it - right? This weekend, I did not even have one oatmeal cookie (they aren't my fav), but I did taste the batter. Isn't cookie dough batter THE BEST? I just had a taste because I figured that one taste was probably the equivalent of 100 calories. Yikes. That doesn't mean that I don't have weak moments. This leads me to a confession - a cookie confession. About two weeks ago, I strolled into the break room at work and do you know what I saw? Boxes and boxes of GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!! Oh my word was I ever so excited. First of all, I did not buy any because I would have consumed all of them so this was like a God send for me. Secondly, I was so hungry (which did not help my self control at that point). Can you guess what happened?



Oh yes...I had FOUR of my favorites - (Samoas - little pieces of heaven on earth) and ONE peanut butter cookie. Double Yikes.

1 comment:

TB said...

Oh Yikes happen and I love Yikes :)

Samoas are my favorites!!!!!