This is going to be a discussion about the topic of PDA (also known as public display of affection). What brought this subject matter to my blog? Well, let me share what I experienced yesterday...
So, I had a few errands to run before heading home to thicken my crockpot beef stew (gotta love crockpot dinners - SO EASY). One errand included stopping at the AT&T Wireless store to process a payment for my little sister's cell phone (FYI: no - Jason and I do not pay out-of-our-pocket her cell phone bill; she pays us back). I had a couple in front of me and there was major PDA action going on. I couldn't help but stare because it was so COMPLETELY obnoxious. I was embarrassed for the couple, particularly the lady, and all witnesses. Firstly, he was totally in her personal space. I am surprised that she could breath, although she could barely move. While we all waited for our individual turn, he proceeded to paw and kiss her neck the entire time. She barely reciprocated. I am not sure why she didn't tell him to back the heck off, but who knows what happens in other people's relationships.
Then when it was their turn, she was standing at the counter and he was standing directly behind her with his hands trapping her as she faced the customer service representative. In between discussing their new cell phone crisis, he would kiss the back of her shoulder. Seriously...can this wait? It only takes 15 minutes or less for the entire visit! Oh my word.
What was this cell phone dilemma that brought them to the store in the first place? I am so glad you asked. They both had purchased new cell phones the day before and the lovely lady was receiving text messages from everyone but her suffocating and smothering significant other. OH NO! What are we to do?
Unfortunately, their diliemma was not solved. I wonder what they are doing today since the cannot text message every 5 seconds? My bet is that they went to a different location until this incredibly urgent problem was solved.
The entire episode made me SO GRATEFUL that I am not in a suffocating relationship. After dinner, I remembered what happened in the store and I immediately went up to my husband and gave him a HUGE hug and thanked him for not being all over me and in my space all of the time. He thought I was nuts, until I explained the story. He totally agreed (through laughter). Do you agree? PDA...yes or no?
3 comments:
I do NOT like PDA...in fact, I told my hubby that I did not want to kiss him at our wedding :) Hee hee! I did but I was uncomfortable! I agree with your thoughts Tina!
I say yes to hand holding and pecks on the cheek- no tongue please!!
I agree with you Sara. Affection = o.k. behavior. Making out + soft porn = BAD TIMES for everyone! :)
Post a Comment