Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unplug


I am not sure if anyone has noticed, but I haven't been posting much lately. There are several reasons for this. However, I am not going to bore you with the details. Let's just say...life is busy...I am tired...and I just do not feel like I have much to say.

Today I was writing my list of "Things To Do" like I always do when I have a LONG weekend. I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off AND I DO NOT HAVE SCHOOL! Ahh...how nice. I can hear the trumpets playing and the angels singing Alleluia.

Anyhow, back to the list. I have an entire page of goals I want to accomplish for the weekend (#1 on the list being to sleep in until 8:30am tomorrow - after of course getting up with Jason and getting him off to work. I just love to sleep.).

I digress.

The list...I need to stay focused. I am already tired after writing this list. Why do I pack so much into the weekend days? Why do I only get to rest and be lazy on a sick day? I was able to sleep for 12 1/2 wonderful hours on Tuesday and I was able to stay in my pjs all day, but only because I was sick. It was pure ecstasy. It just begs the question - why only when I am sick?

Let's look at this weekend. I do plan to sleep in, but that is just it. I had to WRITE IT DOWN and PLAN IT OUT. When will the madness end?

It isn't only about being lazy and sleeping in. I was looking at this list and I am trying to figure out how I can squeeze walks in with Murphy. There is something seriously wrong with this picture. Don't you think? I should not have to PLAN to spend time with my puppy. It is ridiculous. I have overbooked and planned too much once again. Bank, recycling, cleaners, FoJos, workout, laundry, etc, etc. and that is just Friday for crying out loud!!!!

Well, this weekend is already booked up and totally planned out. I am going to plan to NOT PLAN for the majority of Memorial Weekend. What a concept!

I think I am also going to UNPLUG for the entire weekend. Yes peeps - I am going to turn off the computer when I leave work on Friday and I am not going to go back to said computer until I go back to work on Tuesday morning! How freeing! Please, don't think I came up with this unplug notion on my own. My blog friend, Jodie, has challenged all of her readers to unplug and I am going to embrace this challenge. Instead of sitting in front of the computer, maybe I will take Murphy to the park or do yardwork with my husband or just read a book! I will take pictures to document my awesome weekend, which I will share after the unplug is over. How cool is this idea? Thanks Jodie!

Now if you plan to do this yourself...Jodie refers to unplugging as being without your computer, but also your cell phone, TV, and internet. Oh my, can I do it? I am going to TRY my hardest to do this all weekend next weekend. We will see! Jason is going to be absolutely THRILLED.

I challenge you all to unplug. Pick any day or any weekend this summer and UNPLUG. Get out there and enjoy your families! Be inspired!

No comments: