
My cousin, Jason, is currently serving his third deployment. He is just like a brother to me. We were born six months apart (yep - I am the older one). We grew up together. Jason was very close to my Grandpa Kasmarzik. Grandpa served in the military, my father served in the military, and Jason wanted to follow in their footsteps. His full time job is serving as an officer for the US Army. His wife, Evin, not only married Jason, but she also married the military. Evin will be the first one to tell you that, too!
Our Great Aunt Ott (Grandpa K's sister) is very frail and she is going downhill very quickly. I have sent Jason several e-mails telling him as much and also letting him know that if he wants to phone before she passes, he needs to do it as soon as possible. He is usually on-line in the early mornings so I have been checking regularly to see if I can catch him. Today I did!!! Jason told me that he was able to call to check on Aunt Ott yesterday. I know that was very important to him and I am glad he was able to make that phone call even if Aunt Ott was asleep. I know that her daughter, Diane, told her when she woke from her nap that Jason called from Afghanistan special just to check on her.
It was an awesome way to start the day. We were able to catch up and I was able to fill him in on all of the happenings with the family. Jason was very excited to talk about future plans to come to Missouri as well as how his baby boy, RJ (named after our grandfather Richard John), takes after grandpa. Many people in the family have said that RJ smiles just like grandpa and Jason loves to talk about that.

I am so grateful that I was able to connect with Jason this morning. His service to our country and to my family is incredible. Evin & RJ's sacrifices are so inspiring. Please keep this young family in your prayers.
Prayer Requests:
For Jason - safety and good physical as well as mental health
For Jason - that God will guide him to make the best decisions for his men
For Evin - that God continues to provide strength and comfort during this deployment
For Jason, Evin, & RJ - that their R&R in August is full of happiness, time together, and lots of smiles & love.
I cannot wait to get to meet RJ in person at the end of this month! It will be amazing to be able to hold this little guy that looks so much like his daddy. I cannot wait!
Have a great day everyone and be inspired!
No comments:
Post a Comment