Monday, June 29, 2009

Unbelievable

I cannot believe that I get to chat with my cousin Jason (currently in Afghanistan) and my friend Nathan (currently in Kuwait) by using my computer.

It is unbelievable to me.

Not only am I able to stay in touch with them, but I am also able to stay in touch with so many other people that I would otherwise would never talk to. How cool is that? I am so thankful.

What brought this on especially since it is not "Thankful Thursday?"

I was catching up on facebook this morning after being out-of-town over the weekend. While I was in Indiana visiting family, facebook wouldn't let me log in. I went three days without facebook and updates! It actually worked out to be partially unplugged because I really needed to enjoy the very SHORT visit with my family, but it was still really difficult for me.

Not really, but it sounds more dramatic that way.

Anyways...so today when I logged on, my friend Nathan (who is actually from Indiana - and the best friend of my cousin Jason - I know this is complicated but try to keep up) was on. How fun! He has some serious personal stuff going on and we were able to talk. I really don't think it would be respectful to air his dirty laundry on my blog so instead I am going to just request for you to say a special prayer for Nathan. Ask our good Lord to keep him safe and to give him strength.

Thank you!

The weekend went by too quickly, but it was such a great one. I was able to spend lots of time with my Dad and my cousin Nick since we took on the long drive (14 hours altogether)as a team. The drive was really enjoyable and I was able to get 1/2 through a TERRIFIC book I am reading - "In the Woods" by Tana French. I HIGHLY recommend this book. I can't put it down...and I love it when I find a book I can't put down. The Indiana visit was wonderful. I was finally able to meet my cousin Jason's 7 month old son Richard John (RJ). He is absolutely precious in every sense of the word. I will post pictures as soon as I am able. I had a terrific time catching up with my cousin's wife, Evin, in person. I really enjoy her company and I always feel like I am visiting with a close friend that I have known all my life. It is funny when you connect with someone like that! I know this...my cousin Jason is one lucky man. I even was able to talk to him for a few minutes on Saturday! What a nice surprise!

This week is going to be fast and furious. I have a hair appointment tonight and I am TOO excited to get my hair done! Murphy has to visit the doctor tomorrow and Wednesday I am meeting my sis-in-laws for dinner which will be fun! After work on Friday - I will be off for 10 DAYS IN A ROW!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. I will get to spend lots of time with my husband and I cannot wait!!!!

I hope you all have enjoyable things scheduled for this week, too. Have a good day and be inspired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR Jason is one lucky man also! Glad you had a good weekend away! I'll see you on Wednesday!