Does anyone else feel like life is sometimes one really LONG roller coaster ride? I have never been a fan of the roller coaster. Jason loves them so from time-to-time I am faced with having to endure a ride. I don't mind whiping around the track at an incredibly high speed and I don't mind the climb uphills. What I do not care for is the plummet down a long, steep hill. That makes my stomach do incredibly unnatural things, it makes me scream like an actress in a horror movie, and it just plain scares me!
Life...there are many many ups that are just unbelievable. When they are happening, you just can't believe that you were lucky enough to be given those blessings in your life. My wedding day...it was a dream come true. Graduation is in site and I never thought that day would come. My cousin is due to come back from Iraq around the holidays. I have a new niece due at the beginning of October which will totally make Tristan outnumbered. Now it will be 3 to 1 in respect to girls versus boys on my husband's side of the family. So many wonderful things to look forward to.
The downs are scary. Sometimes the downs make you want to scream and yell and ask God why? I have been doing that a lot lately. Not so much the screaming part...but the questioning part.
Stay with me folks.
I have a fairly strong interest in true crime stories. I do not watch much TV, but I will totally veg out on the couch to watch Dateline Mysteries, Cold Case, Law & Order SVU, or any other show remotely similar. If I ever go back to school for a career change, I would go to school to become an FBI Profiler.
Anyways...
I was reading a true crime story online a few weeks ago and I came across a story about a mother who happened to be a serial killer. God didn't bless her with only one child. He blessed her with four healthy pregnancies and four healthy babies. What did this woman do each time? Yep, she killed all of her babies.
That totally ticks me off. It makes me SO angry at that woman, but you know who else it makes me angry at? Yep, the big guy upstairs. Jason thinks it is wrong for me to ask these questions, but I can't help it. I understand that we are all given free will and I can understand that he would give this woman 1 child. Why would God continue to bless her with children when she keeps taking their lives?
It doesn't make sense.
Jason didn't have an answer for me. He just told me that I should ask Him that. I told him that he didn't have to worry. I had that on my list of things to ask when my time comes. I am sure those of you who know me in RL can totally see me marching up to the pearly gate, waiting my turn with my list in hand, and sitting down with God and asking him questions from my very organized list!
Although I don't know the answer to that question, I do know that I can see time and time again how God blesses my life. I know that He loves me. I know he has a plan and I need to wait, try not to stress, and enjoy the life that I do have and the many blessings he has given to me.
And you know what I just realized? Tristan really isn't outnumbered at all. He has two baby boy cousins in heaven. Wyatt & Baby Peanut even out the boys versus girls after all. 3 to 3. Tristan just has his baby boy cousins watching over him in spirit instead of in the flesh. What a sweet discovery. God, thank you for pointing that out to me.
Be inspired!
2 comments:
Tina, once again you have blessed my heart. I know your struggles, and I have some of the same questions in my heart too. So many times we feel like we are slapped in the face when we yearn for something so bad, and someone so undeserving receives it instead. I think it will be a constant source of confusion in our lives. I always try to remind myself that we may not see the end result, but God does everything for his glory. We have no idea how many years it may take for the blessing to come of this horrific woman's crimes. But, I try my hardest to rest assured that God knows, and somehow, someone will be blessed in the end. It's a hard pill to swallow, but deep inside we know that is the case. Love you!
Thanks so much Sara! You are so right. Thanks for opening up to me! Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment