Sunday, August 2, 2009

One, Two...One Hundred. Counting Sheep.

After the busy weekend I had, I should be so tired. I should have been sound asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow, but I am wide awake. My body feels exhausted, but when I try to close my eyes to drift into dreamland, my mind races and I just cannot relax.

This weekend was wonderful! We celebrated my mother & father-in-law's 40th wedding anniversary and 60th birthdays. It was quite the celebration indeed! We laughed, cried, and karaoked! We made memories to last a lifetime. A few of the moments that I will remember forever: Jason's parents' faces when they walked in the door, all of the speeches, everyone standing up and giving a round of applause to show appreciation for his service in the Vietnam War (he was awarded two Purple Hearts while he was in service), Jason's Dad receiving a framed American Flag from Uncle Gary that was flown over our nation's capitol in his honor since he is a "true hero of the Vietnam War," their 2nd first dance, dancing with my husband to "Through the Years," and singing karaoke - particularly the duet I sang with my husband. I wish we could rewind the night and do it all over again. I guess I will just have to continue to rewind it in my mind! Thank God for memories!

I have other stuff on my mind. Serious stuff. I will probably have a post in the future about the "serious" stuff. For now, I have a request from all of you. I need prayer warriors to storm the gates of heaven on my family's behalf. Particularly for my Aunt Linda; her husband Mark; my little cousins Allison & Madison; my big cousin Jason, his wife Evin, and his son RJ. Particularly pray for strength, God's miraculous healing, comfort, wisdom for the doctors, and whatever your heart is led to say for us. Take me off of your prayer lists...and focus all of the prayer energy toward my Aunt Linda. Even though Jason and I want to have a baby soon - I feel like I am way too stressed out to carry a child right now. While Jason and I are not going to prevent pregnancy, we are going to stop trying so hard since there is so much going on. You guys watch...because we are doing this...we will get pregnant just like that!

I just cannot stop thinking...and now that the fun party is over with...my huge distraction is no longer a distraction. That has sent reality crashing down on me tonight.

I wish I could drink warm milk and that it would make me sleepy, but the thought of warm milk has always made me want to gag! I just had a glass of cold milk and even though it tasted really good - it did not make me any sleepier.

Well, I guess I am going to try to go to bed again. My husband has already been up once checking on me and I think he is worried. At least if I am in bed next to him, one of us will sleep better!

No comments: