Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful Thursday #8 & Thought of the Day



There is MUCH to be thankful for always and this week is no exception. Hop on over to Sonya's website if you would like to participate or just comment on my post for what you are thankful for this week!

1) I am thankful for an understanding husband. I know that I have been on edge lately and he continues to be supportive and understanding. I am truly blessed.

2) I am thankful for little miracles, especially Baby Remington. I am thankful that even though he was born early, he is doing well. I pray he continues to thrive and that God watches over Remy's special Mommy & Daddy.

3) I am thankful for the ability I have to exercise and how it makes me feel great! I love working out at the gym, especially with my little sister, and I love Zumba classes and getting to see my sis-in-law during the week!

4) I am thankful for Murphy and when he lets me give him big hugs. It seems like dogs know when you need a hug and he automatically calms down long enough for a warm embrace from time-to-time. He is such a special creature and it amazes me how he just loves unconditionally and with everything he has all of the time.

5) I am thankful for the ability I have to just fall asleep most nights without any trouble. I know that not everyone is able to do this and I am so thankful that I am able to. I love my sleep!


Now...onto the thought of the day. This is a really great one!


Today's thought from Hazelden (Todaysgift@Hazelden.info) is:

He that plants trees loves others besides himself.
--Thomas Fuller

Trees take many years to become beautiful. They start out small and scrawny, and they need attention and care. Planting them is a lot of work for very little payback in the short-term. But over time, trees become big, beautiful, and useful.

When we plant trees, we are doing it for the people who will come after us. We care that this place will be beautiful for them.

To help them make decisions, some Native American tribes ask, "What will be the effect of this decision on the children to come after us seven generations from now?"

Seeing ourselves as part of life is truly a gift. We can feel the connections with those before us and those yet to be born. Let's do it with love.

Prayer for the Day

Higher Power, help me feel connected to all of life today, and help me to act lovingly with care for the past and the future.

Today's Action

What can I do today that will live on into tomorrow? Plant a flower or a tree? Teach a child something new? Send a card to a friend? Today I will do one thing.



Have a great day everyone and be inspired!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You've posted a great list of thankfulness. God is so good to us.
Blessing ~ Lisa

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Such a beautiful list, thank you for sharing it.
Collette xxx

Sonya Lee Thompson said...

Hey the ability to fall asleep without any trouble, that is a blessing! Interesting that this has been on two of our posts today. I love remembering the little things.

Take Care,
Sonya Lee