I really liked this tip from Hazelden (Todaysgift@Hazelden.info). I truly believe this to be true.
How we treat other people comes back to us – always.
Offering others understanding and compassion changes how we perceive the world around us on a daily basis. Our acts of love inspire love from others. What we send out to the people who share our path changes, ever so subtly, the complexion of each life we touch. In fact, the whole world is changed by even the tiniest of acts.
The simple truth is, our own attitudes often determine what kind of experiences we'll have. Anger and resentment won't bring us peace. Suspicion and accusation will backfire. Most of us have tried to control all the people and all the experiences in our lives. And we have failed. Now we are realizing that the love that comes back to us is the love that we express.
I will feel love today from at least one person if I offer it to many.
Have you ever noticed that when you give to someone, whether it be something material, your time, your ear, yourself... that not only to you FEEL good, but you also have a better day? I know many very kind and generous people. You know the type - they almost always have a smile on their face and they just seem like they are happy all of the time. That type of person just inspires you to be better. It is contagious. I challenge you to go out today and give a piece of yourself to someone else. I can guarantee you that it will come back to you threefold.
Be inspired!
1 comment:
That is you Tina. You are that person all the time. You never fail to make me feel better about myself. Thank you for that.
Post a Comment