Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cancer Sucks. Period.

I know my post title is so profound. I cringe using the word "suck" because I think it is such an unintelligent word. It is just how I feel.

I hate cancer.

Why is there cancer?

Why do good people get cancer?

Why are children left without their parents because their mom or dad looses their battle with cancer?

Cancer SUCKS.

It does not look very good for my Aunt Linda right now. She has gone less than two months without the regimen of medications that shrink her tumors and they are back full force. It seems as though the doctors are giving one last effort to shrink the tumors. To me, it is obvious that even if they shrink them temporarily, they will still come back - quickly and aggressively.

It is difficult to talk to someone who is in such denial about what is going on. In the same breathe, I think it might be a blessing that she thinks she can still beat this thing. Her determination and will to live is just unbelievable. I know it is all because she has two girls at home. She desperately wants to raise them. It is heartbreaking to know that is likely not meant to be. Why? Only God knows why.

In the meantime, she is telling the doctors that they have to do what it takes to get her well because she has two daughters to raise. You know what, I am so glad I am not a doctor right now.

I don't even know what to pray for. I just ask for you all to lift up Aunt Linda and her family in prayer. What else can we do?

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Proverbs 3:5-6

3 comments:

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

*big hugs* I am so sorry to hear that your Aunt isn't doing well right now hun. You never know what lies ahead. Her determination could be what it takes to pull her through. I've seen it before. Whatever lies ahead, know that if you need anything, I will be here for you.

TB said...

my heart hurts for your family Tina. my love and prayers are ALWAYS with you--always! love, T

jmangan42 said...

Tina,
I'm so sorry to hear that things are not improving for Linda. I will continue to keep her and her family in my prayers. May God give all of you the strength you need.