




I also wanted to share with you all two books I recently purchased that are great. The first one is titled "Babyproofing Your Marriage." It was written by three mothers - Stacie Cockrell, Cathy O'Neil, and Julia Stone. It is the first baby book I bought for myself and it is the first one I wanted to read. The book is so funny, but it also gets to the heart of struggles that happen within any marriage when you add another life into your family. I recommend this book to both expecting parents and new parents.
The second book is more fun. It is a children's book that was recommended by The Pioneer Woman on her website. My link button is not working today, but you can go to (http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/category/childrens-books/) and her post is about half-way down the page. THis book is titled "Duck at the Door" and is written by Jackie Urbanovic. The book is a little pricy, but definitely worth it. I bought it as a Valentine gift for the baby. The artwork is wonderful and the story is adorable.
We are doing well here. It seems as though my "morning sickness" is lingering, but I am able to eat, which is good. I did have a meltdown yesterday and I was so proud of my husband because he said the ABSOLUTE right thing. I felt ok in the morning - did a few chores - and started preparing crockpot beef stew for Jason to have as dinner. I cannot handle onions really well right now, but I did cut one up for the stew. Throughout the day, the smell of the stew plus the lingering smell of onions on my hands made me so very sick to my stomach. As soon as Jason walked through the door and I saw him, I started crying. I told him I felt so good the day before and now I feel terrible. The stew smell is disgusting and the entire house smelled like it. I went on to sob about how I cut up an onion in the morning and no matter what I did to get rid of the smell, there was no escape. J should get 5 stars for being sympathetic and saying the exact right thing. I think he is just getting used to my emotional outbursts since they happen at least twice a week. :) I must say...that I did warn Jason during dinner (which I could only eat the mashed potatoes)...we will NOT be having beef stew for another 5 1/2 months. Enjoy it now!
We have an appointment in 1 week and I cannot wait to hear the heartbeat. I am excited and anxious to hear that everything is going ok and to see our little one.
I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the Superbowl! I know I will!
2 comments:
I totally understand the emotional outbursts :) I had them constantly during both pregnancies! My favorite memory was yelling at Josh for doing the dishes--I was a very emotional prego mama :) It too shall pass don't worry! I recommend getting a few different books--1. What to expect while you are expecting 2. what to expect during the first year 3. the mayo clinic guide to pregnancy 4. a book for Jason...I got one for Josh about being a new dad and it was WONDERFUL :) took him even through what to expect as a dad during labor, etc. I can't remember the title--sorry!
I miss you :) Will get back to you soon about us visiting!
I am SO sorry that your morning sickness seems to be sticking around. The emotional outbursts happen and I am SO glad that he is handling them well. Mine did not. :)
Post a Comment