Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowed In

Yesterday, I was snowed in again! I love snow days (even though I have to make this one up). It was an extra bonus that Jason was home, too. He made himself busy for most of the morning, but he did spend the entire afternoon and evening with me so that was nice!

My husband was so helpful yesterday. He did our grocery shopping...mostly right. I would have purchased a few things differently than he did, but we will survive and I am not going to complain. I told him he did a great job - although he did find out I can't eat the fruit snacks he bought. Fruit Gushers + tropical flavor = disgusting. He did try though! He isn't a super affectionate person so it was nice when we spent some time cuddling on the couch and watched a bit of the Olympics. I took a nap and he ran an errand or two then came home to make dinner. He baked an onion crusted chicken and thought enough to make me a special piece of chicken with no onions on it. That is when my pregnancy hormones kicked in and I started crying because he was being so thoughtful. He was smiling...and I told him I felt like I was going a little nuts...and he told me I WAS indeed a little nuts.

The Bachelor was the end of our snow day. J was so disappointed to see Gia go (HELLO - she did look dynamite in that dress at the rose ceremony) and I was yelling at the TV about WHY IN THE WORLD VIENNA IS STILL AROUND. Zero substance. Zero maturity. I don't even think she is that cute, but J did clue me in that her bod is NICE. Whatever. I will be so upset if Tenley (or Tensley - Jason can't get her name right) does not win. I have also had enough of Jake's incredibly CHEEZY lines. They just keep coming. Enough with the load of baloney man!

After Bachelor fest, J and I went to spend some time with Murphy. Murphy desperately needed some beauty care - a good hair brushing and a good teeth brushing. I tackled the teeth at first by myself. Murphy loves getting his teeth brushed, but he likes to lick the toothpaste off of the brush. It is a lot of work to try to clean his teeth. I ended up with an arm full of scratches because he kept pawing at my hand...it was hilarious. A little painful, but hilarious. After much wrestling...he had super soft fur and clean teeth!

I wish we would have a BIG snow and we could be trapped for days at home. What a great day!

No comments: