Thursday, April 29, 2010

6 months and counting...



We are at 6 1/2 months now - and yes I am counting! Time is flying by just like everyone says it will. I also hear a lot of "you think time is flying by now, just wait until the baby actually gets here!" Jason is in full swing nesting mode. He has painted the baby's room (Shortbread (pale yellow) and Niagara Falls (pale blue). He has to put the chair rails up on the walls and we pick up the baby's furniture tomorrow. The bedding is in and I have all of his little outfits washed so I am caught up before the baby showers come! Besides painting the baby's room, Jason has decided that our bedroom and the powder room need makeovers as well as touch ups to our bathroom and the garage entrance way. He is keeping busy!


(Picture of our Baby Furniture from Phillips Furniture)



(Picture of our Baby Bedding from Just Kids Store)

I am so proud of my puppy, Murphy. We watched our nieces yesterday and he was great around them. Little girls tend not to like big slobbery dogs in their faces and he did a great job of just running along with them and not knocking them down. He will be a terrific friend for Landon. I have included some pictures from when Murphy's best friend, Mac, stayed with us for a few days. They are adorable! I love the pictures of them peeking through the basement window. We have tons of dog toys, but they always fight over one. One gets it, the other barks and gets all upset, then he steals it, and the cycle repeats itself like 100 times. They are hilarious!





Finally, over the weekend Jason and I participated in the March of Dimes Walk for Babies for the first time. I was asked by my work to participate and be our team captain. I along with my friend and colleague Betsy walked on behalf of the Foundation. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law walk every year so it was nice to meet up with them, too. I walked especially for several unborn babies (mine, Kelly's, Katie's, and Stephanie's) and my friend Merrica's son, Remy, who was born premature last August (August 6th actually - my due date - and he is doing GREAT now by the way!!!!). Jason wants to make this an annual event now and he wants to pull more people into our team next year. Ali, the first female biggest loser, was there as a guest speaker which was really neat! The walk was also really pet friendly so we definitely plan to bring Murphy next year. I overdid it for sure - should NOT have done 3 miles - but it was a great experience. Here are some pictures from the day. Thank you to all of my friends and family who sponsored me to walk and also thank you for those who sent happy thoughts and prayers to us that day, too. We appreciate all of the support!




Jason and Murphy are on their own this weekend since I am headed to Indiana to celebrate my little cousin Allison's First Communion. I plan to get back into the swing of things - taking more pictures - posting more often. Thanks for being patient with me! I hope y'all have a great weekend! I am looking forward to the family fun and a four-day weekend myself!

4 comments:

The Geiler's said...

Love seeing the prego pics...so cute you are!!! You guys have been busy...Landon will be here before you know it!!

Merrica and Jonathan said...

Tina you look so good! Time will continue to fly by so cherish the time when Landon is sleeping in your arms and not trying to wriggle out!I love that you supported the march of dimes, we wanted to do the walk here but Jonathan was on call, thanks for supporting it, they were so kind and helpful when Remy was in the NICU.

jmangan42 said...

Tina,
You look so cute and so happy! I love the nursery furniture and bedding. Congrats again!

Jeannie, Jane, Angel, Mommy, etc.. said...

Love the preggo pics! You are too cute!