Thursday, April 15, 2010

I wouldn't change a thing

I was talking with my little cousin Abby a few nights ago. She is a sophomore in high school and she has a plan. She says she wants to be married by 22 (too young in MY opinion) and she wants to have her first baby by 24.

I remember when I was in high school. I had a plan. I was convinced that I would be married by 24 or 25 and that I would have at least two children by the time I turned 30. I thought I had everything figured out. Imagine - as a teenager I thought I knew it all! I think all teenagers think that.

God had a different plan and TRUST me...he knew best.

I started dating my husband at 24...we were married at 27...and we are having our first child at 30.

It is funny how you think you want something...but God knows what you really need. Even though my life has not turned out exactly how I originally planned, I thank him everyday for my blessings. In the end, I thank Him for my unanswered prayers and for my wonderful life. I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

TB said...

I was married at 22 :) and Josh was still 21 (barely).... Jack was born right after we turned 25. Now we are close to 30 and have TWO kids :) God's plan worked out pretty well for us, Eh??? :) I wouldn't change a thing! :)

Love ya Tina!

Jennifer said...

I wouldn't change a thing. Sometimes things do happen for a reason. Great post Tiners! Take care.