It was summer of 2008 when we went to pick up Murphy and bring him to our home. That day in May, we created the first stage of our family. He has been the center of our lives for a little over two years. Murphy has brought us so much joy and happiness. Our family is about to change in a matter of days - for the better of course - but life as we know it will be so completely different.
A few weeks ago, during Murphy's bedtime routine, I became a little sad. I started to realize that this first chapter of our marriage is coming to an end. Even though the next chapters will be so rich, joyful, and happy, I can't help but be a little sad while I look back and remember all of the wonderful times we have had as a family - just the three of us.
I told Jason I am sure we will grieve in a similar way when Landon is two or three and we try once again to expand our family. If we are blest enough to be able to have a second child, I am sure the last few weeks before he or she arrives will involve much of the reflection that we have experienced with our first born.
In the same breath, I cannot wait for Landon to get here. I just imagine toddler Landon running after Murphy and them being just best buddies. Murphy will be so happy he finally has his own boy. He loves little ones and you can just tell he wants his own - and now he will have a best pal that he can run around with. I also know that Landon will bring us so much more joy and happiness than I can even picture in my mind right now and I cannot wait to experience that as a new mommy and I cannot wait to watch Jason be a wonderful daddy.
These days leading up to Landon's arrival are precious and I am so glad I have slowed down to enjoy them. The anticipation and the excitment...what a blessing.
So don't be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. Matthew 6.34:
1 comment:
I remember having the exact same thoughts right before Mason was born. It's true, you're extremely excited, but it's also a little bittersweet. It's no longer just you and Jason (and Murph). But being a parent and having that little one love you so unconditionally is something that you can't live without. You and Jason are going to really enjoy this new journey called "parenthood" and you both will be great! Love to you both!!
Post a Comment