Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Healing and Growing

Since I have been sharing my flashbacks, I think I have worried some of my friends and family. Please know that I am doing okay. I am dealing with the flashbacks and as a result I hope to heal and grow. Don't worry! :) I only have one Flashbacks post left, but I wanted to express that I really am okay before I post it.

I thought I would share a piece from The Today Book - Daily Meditation to help explain where I am at in my healing process. I hope this helps you to heal and grow, too.

REFLECTION FOR TODAY
In the process of learning and growing, I often find myself needing to deal with something I thought I had already eliminated. At these times I have rejected myself for being where I was. “I should not be here again,” I thought. Slowly I am gaining the humility to understand that the program offers me greater and greater levels of healing. We only have to be willing to meet honestly the challenges which confront us in order for healing and growth to continue.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY
Thank You for the opportunity You give me to deal more deeply and to experience life in all its abundance.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will continue healing and growing; I will become freer and freer.

TAKEN FROM: TODAY BOOK, (http://www.emotionsanonymous.org)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Tina, I'm so glad that you are sharing all of your experience. It must be hard to go through each and every detail, but I hope it is helping you because I know it is helping me to understand what post partum psychosis is. When you hear about PPD it is a lot different than psychosis and I'm glad you are telling your story. I'm also glad you are in such a good place now that you feel comfortable looking back. I'm praying for you!