Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Myringotomy

Landon is having the myringotomy surgery tomorrow (ear tubes). I KNOW it is a routine surgery and that it is no big deal...but I am still worried. I guess that is what moms do -right? I hate that he has to go under general anesthesia. That is what makes me worry the most. I will be so glad when the procedure is over tomorrow and I can give him a few presents that I bought him for being such a brave and good little boy. :) I will make sure to take lots of pictures! :)

The doctor told me on Tuesday that Landon is most likely not hearing very well since he has fluid sitting on both of his ears. If you place your fingers in both of your ears - that is what Landon hears. Poor baby! I was shocked that the doctor wanted to do the surgery so quickly, but really glad. The sooner the better - especially with the fluid sitting on his ears. That will turn into another double ear infection and we don't want any more of those darn ear infections!

So...even though this is a routine - "not a big deal" - surgery...could you please say a little prayer for my punky?

Thanks everyone! I Will post an update post tomorrow. Have a good night!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for a safe, quick, easy surgery! I'm so glad you found a doctor who could see you quick and get Mr. Landon taken care of. I'm sure he'll feel so much better after all of this is over!