Friday, July 20, 2012

Kenny Chesney and My Husband Made Me Cry


Before I got sick, I would cry all the time over movies, television commercials, and songs - particularly love songs.  I haven't had a good cry in probably a year and a half.  Between the medication that makes me feel numb sometimes and the wall that I have put up, tears just don't come very often at all. 

I had read an article about another woman who had gone through something similar that I went through and she didn't really cry for years and years.  Until one day, she was driving and the tears just started flowing.  She was able to release her emotions.  That happened to me yesterday.


I love country music and I am a fan of Kenny Chesney.  His songs - his love songs - are so sweet and touching to me.  They always speak to my heart.  I was playing my CD yesterday on my way home from work when the song "Me and You" came on the radio.  The words went straight to my heart.  It made me think of everything Jason and I have weathered together, all of the times he has stood by my side, taken care of me and Landon, done all of the housework, and the list could go on and on.  I just started crying and I couldn't stop.  It felt SO good.  It made me feel human.  It made me feel like myself.  What a huge and exciting step!




Ordinary, no
Really don't think so
Not a love this true
Common destiny
We were meant to be
Me and you

Like a perfect scene

From a movie screen
We're a dream come true
Suited perfectly
For eternity
Me and you

Everyday, I need you even more

And the nighttime too
There's no way I could ever let you go
Even if I wanted to

Everyday I live

Try my best to give
All I have to you
Thank the stars above
That we share this love
Me and you

Everyday, I need you even more

And the nighttime too
There's no way I could ever let you go
Even if I wanted to

Ordinary, no

Really don't think so
Just a precious few
Ever make it last
Get as lucky as
Me and you
Me and you

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Love it! Right before Aaron and I started dating we went to a Kenny Chesney (& Tim McGraw) concert with a bunch of friends. We started dating about 3 months later and heard that song on the radio during our first date. It became "our song." Love me some Kenny!! So glad that you were able to feel even more like yourself yesterday! :)

Kimberly said...

I remember that, when the medications stole my emotions. It was a horrible time.
i'm glad that you were able to feel that day.