Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I want to be just like daddy

We had a nice weekend.  Landon started feeling better on Friday and by Saturday he was back to normal.  So thankful that his illness was short-lived!  We had a rather full weekend - even though we had to cancel our Saturday morning plans with my cousin Tammy :( .  Friday evening I participated in Light the Night at Forest Park - sponsored by the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society.  We walked in memory of Aunt Linda and in honor of several friends and family members.  It is one of the better walks I have participated in!  We had a blast and even stayed out way past my bedtime - grabbing a coffee at Starbucks afterward and stopping to shop at Kohls.  Super fun!

  


On Saturday Landon, Aunt Jenny, and I got up early and set out for some yard sales.  That was also super fun even though we didn't have much luck.  I am a die hard yard saler - getting up at 5:30pm and hitting the streets at 6am.  Apparently no one told me that these days people don't start until at least 7am.  What the heck?!?!  And then - the yard sales were just so-so.  We didn't find any clothes or toys for Landon.  I did find a miniature crockpot for $2.00 that was a steal - if it works.  I haven't tried it out yet, but have been wanting one for quite some time.  We enjoyed breakfast and I was able to get Landon home in time for a nap.  We were both tuckered out!  Jason, Landon, and I attended a 60th Wedding Anniversary Party that afternoon.  It was so nice to celebrate with our friends - Eddie and Eunice.  They are such a sweet couple.  I wish I would have taken my camera to the party, but I forgot! :(  We did get the chance to also stop in and visit Jason's Grandpa George in the hospital.  He suffered a mini-stroke a few weeks ago and a stroke last week.  He looked great and is feeling much better.  We hope that he will be returning home soon!

Sunday was a nice day.  We went to church, made breakfast, and then played outside.  Here are a few pictures of Landon trying to be just like daddy!  It was so very cute!




 
 
 




I hope you all have a great week!  We have a pretty quiet week planned.  This weekend Jason and I will be celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary.  I cannot believe five years has come and gone.  I only hope we will have many many more to come!


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am so not a good yard saler. Nope. I get so overwhelmed. I really do. And I don't have an eye for things that could have potential.
So proud of you for doing that walk!!

Christian S. said...

Lovely photos Tina-you have a very cute family! Greetings from Germany :)