Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful

Good morning friends!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and was able to get out and enjoy the weather.  We certainly did.  I started the weekend off on the right foot.  Friday afternoon, I was out running an errand over my lunch break and I thought to myself...it is SO beautiful out.  I would love nothing more than to spend the afternoon with my son outside.  I thought - why the heck not?!  What is stopping me?!  I could save my paid time off hours for the future - or I could spend 3 hours now and enjoy my little boy for the afternoon.  He is only going to be little for so long and what happens if tomorrow never comes?!  What would 3 hours of PTO do for me then?  Not a thing.  So...I left 3 hours early, picked up Landon, and took off for maw-maw and pa-pa's house.  We had so much fun! We also got home early and Jason, Landon, and I took Murphy for a walk.  What a great use of my paid time off hours.  I am so thankful for that time.

I was honored that Band Back Together asked me to guest post on their blog.  They posted my article "I am a good mother" today.  I am especially proud of that piece.  I think it is a really honest version of my story and it should hit a lot of people, which I am thankful for.  I very much want to be a voice for postpartum psychosis.  I am so thankful that I was chosen to be a voice for the often voiceless sufferers.  I hope my story gives women who are suffering some hope.

I am thankful for many things this Thanksgiving Holiday.  I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for my health.  I am thankful that I have a relationship with God.  I am thankful for my job and my husband's job.  I am thankful that I have health insurance.  I am just thankful.  Period.

What are you thankful for?

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I hope you all know how thankful I am for each and everyone of you. Enjoy the holiday with your loved ones.  I know I will.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Congrats! I'm on my way to read the post now!

Jennifer said...

I am thankful for friends and family! What a good idea to take some pto time. Good idea tiners!