Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Heavy Heart

I have such a heavy heart this afternoon.  I just received word that a friend of mine is not going to live much longer.  I am so so sad about this.  It is such a tragedy.  I just saw her putting up her Christmas decorations in her yard a few short weeks ago.

My friend, Tammy, suffered a brain aneurysm and it ruptured. She has been in the hospital since the beginning of December.  I knew the statistics were not in her favor to make it through this, but I just couldn't totally give up hope until today.  Tammy went through a 14 hour brain operation last Wednesday and suffered a stroke during the operation.  She suffered another - large stroke yesterday evening.  Her husband just received the news that Tammy is completely brain dead.  If she lives, she would be a vegetable.  The family has to now decide when they are going to take her off of life support.

Tammy and I exercised regularly together.  She was full of life.  She loved her family.  She adored being a grandma and was expecting another grandbaby in 2013.

What a huge loss this is.  I am not sure what Rick will do without her.

Please pray for the Owens Family during this difficult time.



1 comment:

Natachia Barlow Ramsey said...

Tina,

I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. Anytime of year this would be difficult, during the holidays just makes it that much worse. I am praying for your friend and her family.
She is in my thoughts and I know what a difficult time this must be for everyone involved who loved her.
Bless you all during this trying time.

Hugs,
Natachia