Friday, January 4, 2013

Goals for the New Year

It feels good to have a fresh start.  A clean slate.  A new beginning.  I am so happy to see 2013 here.  I know that it is going to be a terrific year.  For me.  For my family.  I can just feel it!

As part of the New Year, I have some "goals" not "resolutions" I have set for myself.  I HATE the word resolution.  I never keep resolutions.  They always go to the way-side after awhile.  I want to be held accountable for my goals this year so I am going to write them down or rather type them out.  Here it goes...

1) I have a goal of losing 50 pounds this year.  I have been inspired by a high school classmate who did this last year.  She had a goal of 50 pounds and lost 48 pounds in 2012!  I plan to be successful because of two things - eating better and more healthy and making time for regular exercise.  Instead of trying to motivate myself to work out after Landon has been put to bed, I am going to go right after work.  My husband and I agree that it is the only way that I am going to get regular exercise.  It does cut into family time, but I think it is important enough to allow for that.  In the end it is the quality of time you have together and not necessarily the quantity.  I have also been taken off of Cymbalta (Yay!) and the doctor is in the process of weaning me off of Ambilify (DOUBLE YAY - what a terrible drug), which both cause weight gain and sedate me...making me feel like I have less energy.  Don't get me wrong, those drugs did the job and made me stable - they served me well - but they are no longer doing that for me.  Wellbutrin is doing an excellent job for me right now and I HOPE that is enough.  The doctor thinks I am doing SO well and wants me on as few medications as possible!  He did agree to let me take a prescribed appetite suppressant for a few months and I hope that jump starts my weight loss.

2) I have a goal of creating a will for Jason and I.  We don't have a will in place and that makes me very nervous.  I just think of Landon and I want there to be a clear picture of what will occur for him if something should happen to Jason and myself.  It is just the responsible and smart thing to do.

3) I have a goal to save, save, save more money.  I am a big spender.  I have a monetary goal for the end of March...but I want an even bigger goal for the end of the year.  Not only do I want to save more for the household savings account, I would like to develop a Christmas fund, and I would like to add more dollars to Landon's savings account.

4) Finally, last but CERTAINLY not least, I have a goal to write more on this blog.  I want to continue telling my story...as a mother...as a wife...as a woman.  I want my son to read my posts one day.  I enjoy rereading posts and seeing what types of things I was doing and how my son has grown.  And...if I have just one reader and touch just ONE person, that is what is important to me.  That is why I write.  That is why I have this blog.


Have you set goals for 2013?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Having a baby in my 40's has made losing weight and health a priority. After reading your post! I think it is definitely a good idea to add the will to my list as well.

TB said...

I read every post my lovely <3 Your goals are fabulous! Keep it up!!! TjB