I keep up with Kelle Hampton's blog "Enjoying the Small Things." Kelle is amazing - she is beautiful, she is an excellent photographer, and an excellent writer. She just gave birth to her third child on Valentine's Day. I was reading her birth story post about her son Dash and I vividly remember reading her birth story post three years ago when her daughter, Nella, was born. She was born with Downs Syndrome. Both posts were honest, with raw emotion, and so beautiful. Kelle was talking about how emotional she is right now and how it is so hard to know that Dash is her last baby and that she will never again experience having another child again and those first moments as a new mother. Kelle said "I am trying to balance my sentimental heart
with the one that embraces reality and understands that the present is
the most important time. Not yearning for the past, not needlessly
anticipating the future. Just living right now, in this moment."
Just living right now, in this moment.
I struggle with balancing my sentimental heart constantly. Each new milestone Landon reaches seems to be bittersweet. He is my baby, my only baby. How I cherish being his mother.
Reading Kelle's words made me really stop dead in my tracks. I know I have to focus on the present. Living and relishing each moment. I think I do a fairly good job at doing that.
My baby boy has been needing extra attention from momma lately and I am soaking that up. He is my shadow these days and can't get enough of helping me when ever he can. He is just such a sweet boy.
Thank you Kelle for helping me to see what is important. I owe you one.
And YES he always has to wear a hat. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment