I have tried to sit down and write a meaningful post all week, but I just couldn't bring myself to start it off right nor to finish one. I am experiencing some severe writer's block and it is frustrating. I have all of these thoughts and good ideas that run through my head and when it comes to writing them down, I blank. Sigh.
What I do know is this -
Thank goodness! It has been a long week, but we made it to the weekend! I love and enjoy my weekends so much. Especially since I get to spend extra time with my punky. We have been enjoying playing outside, sword fights (with foam swords of course), playing matching games with our Sesame Street memory game - which was introduced to us by our Parents as Teachers instructor this week, and Landon's new favorite - visiting our neighbor John. He LOVES visiting the neighbors and he even uses that big word - neighbors - and he uses it properly! My boy is getting to be so big! I am not totally sure what this weekend has in store for us, but I know that we will have fun.
I had my regular check-in with my psychiatrist yesterday and everything is going really well. I am SO VERY SLOWLY (which is recommended and the right way to do things but I am getting to be REALLY impatient with this process) weaning off of one of my medications. I am getting close to being totally off of it and I can't wait because this is the last drug that I am taking that has a side effect of weight gain. I have gained a VERY significant amount of weight since I started on my medications. No matter what I do, I can't seem to move the scale in the direction I want to go in. Right now, I am not trying as hard as I should be and my eating habits are less than desirable, but I plan to kick it into gear once I am off this medicine. I just feel like it is an upward battle right now and I get so discouraged when I try so hard and nothing really happens. I know I am older than I was when I lost 40 pounds the first time I really tried to lose weight, but the weight came off so differently then. I know because I am 10 years older, it won't be that easy this time around, but hell, it has to be easier once I am off this medicine - right? I even have appetite suppressants that I can take (prescribed by my doctor) after I am off the meds which I hope will help as well. I pray that I am able to lose some of this weight because I just want to feel better about myself. Right now - I have like zero self esteem. It sucks. And it sucks not being able to fit into anything I own. That is an awful feeling. And swimsuit season is just around the corner and the thought of getting my chubby self into a swim suit makes me want to hide under a blanket until summer is over. LOL! Not really because I will get into a swim suit to take Landon swimming, but I would really rather not. Only for Landon. For sure.
Before my illnesses, I was so into my faith. I was so devoted and I was so spiritual. That has really changed over the course of my recovery. I feel badly for it, but I can't help the way I feel. I still love God and I still believe, but I don't talk to him nearly as much, I don't really care if I make it to church or not, and I find myself frustrated often with Him. I hope that our relationship can be mended and I believe it can be over time. I just REALLY struggle with how I am still dealing with the Postpartum Psychosis almost 3 years later - even though I am feeling really good for the most part, I am still on medicine, and I am now overweight. I feel like - I was given the illness to battle and conquer, why do I have to also battle and conquer weight gain again in my life? Haven't I been through enough? I look in the mirror and I barely recognize the person that looks back at me. If I think about it too much, it can be a really depressing realization. It just...SUCKS.
My only consolation is that all of these trails and tribulations have brought me to Landon. I have been through everything so that I can be a good momma for Landon and I believe that I am on most days. I make mistakes and I beat myself up for them. But I think Landon is happy and healthy and he is thriving, so what more could I really ask for? I also look at how fragile life is and I am smacked in the face with the reality that I am truly blessed beyond measure. Two times this week I was reminded of that. First, when my good friend's uncle suddenly died at the age of 50 from a heart attack that led to strokes and other health problems. And secondly, when I found out that Jason's cousin's husband is suffering from a failing heart and he is just in his thirties. Stuff happens to people. Bad stuff. I am not exempt from that. I know that I need to just get over it, but it is just not that easy.
On another note - what I am reading right now - is The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom.

3 comments:
yup. medications. fix one thing. create another.
My hair is falling out. I have acne and I was gaining weight but I really restricted myself in what goes in my mouth *insert penis joke here*
It's really hard. The thing is, it's not all about the food, it's about the medications affecting our metabolism and how our bodies process food. So really, it's not all in our control.
I am so proud of you for taking this slowly. You'll get there!!!
xox
I think you are amazing no matter what Tiners! And the good thing about our children right now is they love us just the way we are. In their eyes they think we are the best. We need to just relish it before they are teenagers. I am so proud of you and your accomplishments. Keep fighting girl! Hope to see u soon. Take care.
You are an amazing woman. Don't be hard on yourself--love yourself for who you are, who you were and who you want to be. Be happy in every moment.
Post a Comment