
I am going to follow Teresa's lead and post my soup recipe. I have finally achieved success with this soup after trying for 2 years! It was PERFECT last night! Now, I know I have said I am trying to eat healthier and loose weight...but this was my splurge for the week. So...if you are looking for a healthy dinner, this is not it. However, if you are looking for something that is really yummy on a cold day, this should be your pick. My sister, Jennifer, LOVES this soup and she hinted around about it last week so I had her over last night. Needless to say, there was only 1 bowl left after dinner for Jason's lunch! I always serve this with hot rolls, too, because it is so tasty to dip rolls in the soup. Enjoy!
Cheese & Broccoli Soup
You will need:
1 bag of frozen chopped broccoli – 10 oz. (or fresh broccoli)
3 cups of water
2 medium carrots
2-3 tablespoons of butter
3 tablespoons of flour
3 cups of milk
1 lb. Velveeta cheese
3 bouillon cubes
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon of minced onion
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Pepper to taste
1) Heat water & bouillon cubes to boiling. At the same time, melt butter in saucepan.
2) After butter has melted, add 1 cup milk at a time and stir vigorously 1 tablespoon of flour at a time. Cook until thickened stirring regularly. When water & bouillon cubes are boiling, add broccoli. Cook 5 minutes or until tender.
3) After flour/milk/butter mixture is thick, add cubed cheese, soup, minced onion, w.sauce, & pepper. Cook until cheese is melted stirring regularly.
4) Combine cheese mixture & broccoli/chicken broth mixture together. Add shredded carrot to soup and cook until warm & cooked through.
*The above was what I made last night and it fed 3 people (approximately 2 servings per person) and Jason had 1 nice sized bowl for lunch. If you plan to feed a larger crowd – I would add 2 more cups of water (2 bouillon cubes) and 2 more cups of milk (plus probably at least 1 more tablespoon of flour & possibly a little more butter – 1 tsp – when following the steps above) & “maybe” a little more cheese. I would cook, taste, and add more cheese if you think you need it. The problem I have had with the original recipe in the past that took me so long to figure out was they had so much cheese going into this. I didn't like that. It is just too thick and salty with a lot of cheese.*
1 comment:
Yes! This sounds so good! I'm totally making it this week. Thanks Tina!
Post a Comment