Friday, February 6, 2009

Reflection

As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, my mom e-mails me daily reflections. Now, these reflections generally are sent to people recovering from addictions. My Mom reads them and passes them along to her Alcoholic Anonymous friends and me. I asked her to send them to me, too, because I think that they send a terrific message and also it makes me feel like I am a part of her fight to be free of her addiction. I am really proud of my Mom! Today's reflection message was too good not to share. It really hit home with me - especially since I try to accomplish so much in most days and also because I constantly put a lot on my plate. I am getting better though! Just this year, I decided to take a break from the St. Pius Auction. This was a tough decision for me, but it was either that or let my marriage and family get the back burner. I opted to put my family first.

Reflection for the Day:
Today I'll try to settle for less than I wish were possible, and be willing to not only accept it but to appreciate it. Today, I'll not expect too much of anyone - especially myself. I'll try to remember that contentment comes from gratefully accepting the good that comes to us, and not from being furious at life because it's not "better." Do I realize the difference between resignation and realistic acceptance?

Today I Pray:
May I not set my sights unrealistically high and expect too much. Amen.

1 comment:

TB said...

I needed that today--Thanks Tina! TB