Tonight, Jason and I went to the visitation of Maureen Gish. She was Jason's neighbor for 27 years - the entire time he lived at home. Although I did not know Mrs. Gish at all, I found myself very sad for the family, especially Mr. Gish. Now that I know what it is like to have a spouse, my heart aches for those who have lost theirs. I was telling Jason tonight afterward that it would be so very hard to loose him - the worst - and we have been married for less than 2 years while Mr. & Mrs. Gish were married for at least 50 years or better. You share everything with one person for that many years and then you are left sitting all alone. It just breaks my heart.
I will be thinking of Mr. Gish and praying for him. At the same time, I am so grateful to have my husband. He is such a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment