Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One of my favorite days

I look forward to Valentine's Day every year. Shortly after Christmas, I always call the Blue Owl and make our reservations for their special Valentine's dinner. The Blue Owl always goes "all out" for Valentine's Day - they have a special menu, pink lights everywhere, candles, even the waitresses wear red aprons instead of their trademark blue ones. The atmosphere is just so neat! I love it!

My Valentine's weekend started out with a babysitting gig. My niece, Valerie, had to stay home from daycare on Friday so I decided to spend the day with her. She was absolutely perfect. We had such a fun time creating valentines for Uncle Jason, Mommy, Daddy, and Louise. She was so proud of her creations! She has a terrific imagination, too. I have some bright colored pipe cleaners and she found them. She decided they would make great spider legs so we used what we had available to create Lillian the spider. How cute is that? Jason and I ended up staying in the evening as well and we watched both girls so that their mommy & daddy could have a date night. Once again - we lucked out - and they were so well behaved. Tristan, Cara, and Matt stopped by for a visit and Uncle Brian did, too. Needless to say, Louise did not get to bed on time!

Valentine's Day started off with class...which seemed to drag on and on and on forever! I could not wait to get out of class to get to my hot date. :) I arrived home to find a super sweet card and a very thoughtful gift from my hubby. We had a really nice dinner...wine, great food, and Jason had a very yummy cheesecake for dessert. I did allow myself one bite and it was delicious!

Do you think Murphy was forgotten on his first Valentine's Day? Of course not! Murphy received a bag of gourmet treats, a new valentine toy, and a feather toy (he loves to chew up feathers - see pic below from the fall). Even his Dad bought him a bag of treats (I think I am wearing on Jason). Murphy was able to feast on leftover fillet mignon and pork chops from the Blue Owl for 2 days. This puppy is a very spoiled one!

No comments: