Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthday Surprises

My sweet husband turns 29 in a matter of two hours, and I have to spend the majority of my day in school tomorrow. Bummer! Well, I always have a few birthday tricks up my sleeve and this year is no different. The way to my husband's heart is definitely through his stomach. He loves tasty treats. So...I have baked his favorite cookies, prepared yummy chicken salad for his lunch, and I will get up early tomorrow to attempt to make crepes for him. He was poking around the kitchen before he hit the hay trying to figure out what he was going to be snacking on tomorrow. He is too cute! I hope he has a wonderful birthday tomorrow and I hope these little labors of love show him how special he is to me.

The birthday preparation is not the only thing making me tired. We have two puppies under the age of one in our house this weekend. Jason's brother's new puppy is our houseguest until Monday. He is a doll and I will make sure to post pictures as soon as I can. Murphy is great with Mac and seems to really enjoy the company. Although...I have seen Murph's jealous side a few times today. If Mac wants a little attention and love and tries to get to my lap, Murphy will either block him or sit his 75+ behind partially on my lap (his butt is really too big for my lap). It cracks me up!

I will let you all know how the birthday festivites go and also how the rest of the puppysitting goes. I do love little puppies...but I am beginning to realize that I think one puppy is all I can handle on a full-time basis!

No comments: