Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy Bee

Monday is here once again, and I am EXHAUSTED! I am truly blessed, but I am worn out. How will I gather enough energy this week to accomplish everything on my to-do list? I guess I will muster up the energy just like I did on Saturday. I surprised myself on Saturday evening when I did all of my housework, grocery shopped, dyed Easter Eggs, and prepared Easter baskets all in 6 hours and after working over 50 hours last week!

This is going to be another REALLY hectic week. I am helping out at Lam's Garden tonight and possibly Thursday night, Murphy has two doctor appointments, school starts back up this week, and we have several family obligations. Bring on the coffee!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I never really talked about this with y'all, but Murphy has elbow dysplacia. Jason and I received a formal diagnosis in January. The way the specialist relayed this information to us, we were under the impression that this was a death sentence for our beloved Murphy. He had been displaying worrisome symptoms since he was four months old and over Christmas, those symptoms worsened. The specialist made us feel like if we did not opt to do surgery, he would be in so much pain that we would have to put him down at a fairly young age. Jason and I were completely devastated. After receiving a second and even third opinion, we opted to not put Murphy through a surgery that 1) would not fix the problem and 2) may not provide much improvement to his quality of life. I also researched on my own and I was hoping and praying that Murphy would begin to show improvement between 12 and 18 months of age, when his growth spurts should begin to slow up. I believe that God has answered that prayer! Murphy is not limping as much! His front legs are still "lame" and weak (he has frequent falls on our concrete basement floor), but I do see improvement and our doctor does, too. Jason and I are thrilled! Our next step is a series of shots - similar to crotozone shots. He visits Dr. Falch twice a week for the first month and then once a month thereafter. Our hope is that he eventually will only need these shots every other month. I am so thankful that Murphy is showing signs of improvement!

___________________________________________________________________________________

I want to share something that totally inspired me and touched me this weekend.

Jason's grandmother passed away on Friday morning. This came as a surprise to our family, but not a total shock. His grandmother's (my mother-in-law's mother) health and quality of life have been declining for sometime, but we were all lucky enough to have some really great visits with her. We were blessed that she continued to recognize Judy, Jason, his brothers, and my nieces and nephew since she suffered from dementia. Judy spent much of her time focused on caring for her mother and she is devastated by this loss.

Yesterday morning, I went to Easter Sunday Mass and Jason's parents sat next to me. Shortly after Jason's mother sat down next to me, she pulled out a handkerchief from her purse. I knew that she was going to have a difficult time making it through Mass. Early on in the Mass, I saw Judy discretely wipe a few tears from her eyes and I saw her reach for my father-in-law's hand. They held hands through much of the remainder of Mass.

I only hope and pray that Jason and I can be a source of strength and comfort to each other in such a way.

____________________________________________________________________________________

That is all I have to share on this Monday morning. It is time to get to work and to dive into my busy week.

Happy Monday! Be inspired!

No comments: