Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Murphy Mischief



Murphy was so cute when he was a little baby. This is one of my favorite pictures of him. I wish he could be small again for one day. I could actually pick him up and hold him. He also would be so much easier to control and keep out of trouble!


Lately, Murphy has been a VERY busy puppy.

As most of you know, he had a birthday last week. In preparation for his birthday, we had two photo shoots. The first one went something like this...




End result: Not one picture that I could use for his card and he destroyed three birthday hats and 2 party horns.

I decided what Murphy needed was some balloons in the background. Jason wanted a more "festive" picture. I bought 5 balloons from our local party store. I know the owner fairly well so I was trying to just get the balloons without having a conversation about who the balloons were for. Of course Melody asked and then I had to come clean about Murphy's first birthday. Luckily, I am not the only fruitloop out there and Melody, along with another customer who was checking out, are all people who celebrate their furry friends' birthdays, too. Whew! I brought the balloons home and proceeded to try to get a good 1 year birthday picture.

End result: Murphy hates balloons and wouldn't stop barking at them. NICE. I didn't even get one picture taken that day.

I received some great suggestions from my colleague and friend, Betsy. I decided to wrap up a few empty packages, use the two remaining balloons, tissue paper, and a party horn as props for the second (and last) photo shoot. My husband thought I was CRAZY. The second shoot went something like this...





End Result: Murphy popped the remaining two balloons, riped up the tissue paper, destroyed the party horn and the balloon weight, and he chewed up all three packages. I also used the 'f' bomb in the process. Was it too much to ask to have ONE flipping picture to use for this card? I ended up using this one -



What other mischief has Murphy been up to lately? Well, ever since he has been spending most of his time in the backyard he has:

1) Collected a LARGE pile of twigs and huge branches.
2) Drug 2 large pieces of conduit from underneath the deck to add to his pile of twigs+branches+small trees
3) Destroyed his food mat with cute bones on it
4) Destroyed my favorite door mat that said "Wipe Your Paws."
5) Yesterday he ate a window screen

Oh my (deep sigh). Everyday we come home there is something new. Jason and I don't get angry...just scared. What else can he get into while we are at work? Stay tuned.



How could anyone get really angry at a face like that?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're definately not the only one who celebrates your furry kid's birthday! I've been to a couple full blown parties complete with cake, guests, and presents. Our dogs also get celebrations on their birthday AND on "gotcha day." Those are some cute pictures you got of your guy. They may not be card worthy, but they'll give you some great memories down the road!

Thanks for the well wishes on my blog!