I have had this poem saved for quite awhile and planed to post it on Mother's Day. I decided that it would be better for me to post it today. I want to try to enjoy Mother's Day with my Mom and Jason's Mom. I have honestly been dreading Mother's Day ever since we lost our baby on December 3rd. I am not sure what emotions the day will bring. I pray that the Lord gives me the strength I need to have a Happy Mother's Day. The day isn't only about me and my loss. It is about all mothers, including my own mother and Jason's mother, and I want to be able to honor them.
There are several ladies who are special to me and I know that Mother's Day will be a difficult day for them, too. Please know that I am thinking and praying for you today. I hope you all find this poem as comforting as I do. Happy Mother's Day to you (you know who you are).
~Can You Be A Mother When Your Baby Is Not With You? ~
Author - Unknown
I thought of you and closed my eyes and prayed to God today
I asked, "What makes a Mother?" And I know I heard Him say.
"A Mother has a baby" This we know is true
"But God can you be a Mother, when your baby's not with you?"
"Yes, you can," He replied with confidence in His voice
"I give many women babies, When they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime, and others for the day
and some I send to feel your womb, but there's no need to stay."
"I just don't understand this God I want my baby to be here."
He took a deep breath and cleared His throat, and then I saw the tear.
"I wish I could show you, what your child is doing today.
If you could see your child's smile, with all the other children and say..."
We go to earth to learn our lessons, of love and life and fear,
my mommy loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here.
I feel so lucky to have a Mom, Who had so much love for me
I learned my lessons so quickly my mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much but I visit her every day.
When she goes to sleep, on her pillows were I lay
I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, And whisper in her ear
Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here."
"So you see my dear sweet ones, your children are okay.
Your babies are born here in my home and this is where they'll stay."
"They'll wait for you with me, until your lessons through.
And on the day that you come home they'll be at the gates for you."
So now you see what makes a Mother, It's the feeling in your heart
it's the love you had so much of - right from the very start.
3 comments:
Tina...very lovely poem! I may repost it on my site! I hope that you are able to find some sort of peace this Mothers Day. I know it will be hard and that is ok...because you ARE a mother and your angel baby is watching over you and Jason! You will some day have a child and will make a FANTASTIC mother AGAIN!!! Have a good weekend! Lots of hugs! Kelly
Thank you Kelly. I was so lucky to have found it. It really says exactly what I need to hear/read and I am sure that is true for all of the other Mothers I know with empty arms.
I appreciate your post so much and I hope you have a great Mother's Day with Mady & Alex! :)
I love you, Tina. You will be able to get through tomorrow because you are a Strong woman and you will have Jason by your side. I love that poem! Take care of yourself first...everyone else will understand! cori
Post a Comment