Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Good Times

That about sums up my weekend - GOOD TIMES! I feel refreshed! I hope you all do, too.

Highlights from the L-O-N-G weekend...

Saturday included lots of time outside, which my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed. Murphy had a GREAT day, too. We let him have free reign of the yard and he received LOTS of attention from us. He was a really good boy all day - except for the occasional bite out of our new plants. He stayed close to Mama all day long. Jason picks on Murphy for being a Mama's boy. I love it! The landscaping turned out really nice. We are so proud of it. I will have to post pictures soon! We were really excited to put out a new statue. It is a statue of an Army soldier. He is in dressed in his dress greens, saluting, and it has a miniature flag holder. Jason gets all of the credit for this excellent find! We were so happy to have purchased this on Memorial Weekend. My Dad LOVED it and we cannot wait for Jason's Dad to see it, too. They are the biggest reason why we wanted to get it.

Sunday included Mass, shopping for me, spring cleaning for Jason, and a wonderful baby shower for my dear friend Merrica. She came into town from Wisconsin and I haven't seen her in person since she moved away, which was last summer! She looks great and the baby shower was SO nice. I had an excellent time and just really enjoyed being surrounded by great friends. I miss seeing Merrica, Nicole, and Annette. What a fun afternoon!

Memorial Day started out with a breakfast request from my hubby...early morning casserole. He invited our friend, Sean, for breakfast. We really enjoyed eating out on our screened in porch...smelling the sweet smell of honeysuckles. It was so nice. Sean and Jason worked on oil changes for the cars and my Mom's tractor at Sean's shop while I cleaned house and got ready for our dinner guests. We had Jason's grandparents over for dinner. What a great end to a super Memorial Weekend!

I hope you all enjoyed your time off with family and friends, too. Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Merrica and Jonathan said...

I miss seeing you more often too! Come visit soon and we can't wait to introduce you to Remy when he arrives in September! Much love to you, Jason and Murphy